Ekphrasis (Capitoline Museum)


I take a moment to stop playing my cythara
I put my hand on top of it 
Today is my birthday, I turned 21 in god years
I put on my “birthday suit” before going out to play some tunes on the portico
I look out into the distance as I reevaluate my life
“Just the tip” they said
That could not be more far from the truth…
I can no longer pee standing up
I am not a God nor a man
My ugly dog looks in awe at what once was
With his eagle eyes and short mane
I may have to give him the same treatment soon if he continues to have babies with the strays
At least I still have my luscious locks of hair on my head
I brush my hands through them and contemplate on my workout routine
I have missed leg day too many times this month and it’s starting to show
My legs look like the end of a drumstick
I will start next week… 
I am disgusted with myself
I am going to put this cloth over myself so no one will be ashamed to have seen me
I see my father in the distance
He is calling for me to come eat dinner
We are having my favorite… bull pizzle

Until next time,
The God of Poetry

Capitoline Museum, Statue of Apollo with his Cythara, (117-138 A.D.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giornale (Empire State Plaza, Albany)

Ekphrasis (Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum)

Momentary Blindness (Piazza Navona)